Monday, October 28, 2013

Writing Blog Picks

Funny how most of the blog posts that resonate with me are all about how to be a more confident writer, finishing your story, and silencing the negative voices--well, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise since writing has never been easy for me. 

Anyhow, here are a few posts I've recently read that I wanted to share:

The Secret Life of Writers:

How to Make Yourself Write When You'd Rather…Well, Not

Positive Writers:


Creative Flow: How to Silence Negative Voices and Write


Adventures in YA Publishing:


Writing to the End of Your Story


Stop Messing Around and Just Finish

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Gisele! I'm going through a challenging revision right now so these links are just what the doctor ordered. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, good luck with your revision, Laura! Hope the blog posts help to motivate you! :)

      Delete
  2. These are exactly the kind of articles I'm attracted to, too. Maintaining creative flow (or regaining it when it's lost) and finishing a story is my greatest writing hurdle. It is fr too easy at times to become discouraged and disenchanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, have you ever tried Scrivener? I'm really finding it helps because you can switch scenes around at the click of a button. It makes things a lot easier to get through for me since I'm an organic and nonlinear writer. There is a bit of a learning curve, but I find it's been well worth it. It's really an amazing writing tool. I can't imagine writing without it anymore. :)

      Delete