Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer Catch-Up

Okay, I lost a few weeks there - what else is new! My husband was on vacation, and then we had family visiting so there was a lot of summer stuff going on. Made a visit to Hopewell Rocks, which was awesome.


Last week I decided to give up on the novel course I was taking. Just not enjoying it like I thought I would and really don't feel I'm getting much out of it. Decided my time would be better spent by focusing on other resources, like The Plot Whisperer, for one.

Last week, I also managed to strain my ribcage and chest muscles while doing yoga. Yeah, a sign that I'm not as young as I used to...lol. I didn't even push it that much, but I guess sometimes it doesn't take much. Dang triangle twists!

Other than that, I have to say, I'm looking forward to fall and Back To School. I look forward to having a regular routine, and I'm enjoying the cooler weather. July was so hot and humid. Late August and early fall is my favorite time of year. I just wish that in-between weather lasted longer.

Hope all of you are enjoying your final summer weeks, too!

I'll leave you all with a haiku.

morning yoga
a butterfly’s wings
lit with sun 

  ~Paper Wasp, Summer 2012

~*~

6 comments:

  1. I never realized yoga could be so dangerous. Though judging from how clumsy I am, I could do a lot more damage than you did, Gisele. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Stina! LOL on the yoga--I have had ongoing issues with my upper back and shoulders, so it doesn't take much to hurt myself. When I do my yoga everyday, it actually helps with the stiffness, but I had not done it for several days so was stiffer than usual. That, and the fact that the pose was one that I seldom do was just the right mix to hurt myself. I've had sore muscles from doing yoga before, but this is the first time I ever actually "strained" something, and I've been doing yoga for years. Ah, the joys of getting older! ;)

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful summer! I love family get-togethers. :)

    That's too bad about the novel course. But, sometimes such things just turn out not to be a good fit, and at least you realized it and moved on to something you like better.

    Ouch! I did not know those muscle groups were strain-able; at least, not by doing yoga, anyway. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    Fall is so beautiful here. Not in the way that it's beautiful in other places, with the changing leaves and crisp air and migrating birds, but because autumn in the desert feels like summer, which is surprisingly welcome after the actual summer, which feels like an oven. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mary! I know on those muscles. I was very aware for about a week of muscles I didn't even know I had! LOL! Glad your weather is more comfortable. It's starting to cool here as well. Amen! :)

      Delete
  3. The Plot WHisperer worked wonders for me. I never write a novel without her guidelines now. And yay for back to school! Writing time has returned for moms around the country! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, PK! Yeah, I LOVE Martha Alderson. Really enjoy her YouTube videos, too. I've also started using the Snowflake Method, by Randy Ingermanson. Really like it, too. And yes, yay for back to school, quiet days, and regular routines! Woot! :)

      Delete