A couple weeks ago, I signed up for a copyediting and proofreading course through Universal Class. This is something that has interested me for quite a while now. I'm hoping it will help me to polish my own editing skills as well as help me start my own little copyediting/proofreading business.
Depending on how it goes, I might keep taking courses through them. So far, I like the way the classes are set-up, and learning about different things is something I've always enjoyed.
Today, I completed and sent in my assignment for Lesson 2. It was on the use of style guides and style sheets.
Other things I got done in the last couple days:
- got my poetry submission ready for Turtle magazine (just needs to be mailed out)
- dusted and decluttered my desk! Double woot!
- trimmed the dog's nails and brushed her (she's getting brushed almost every day now)
- got caught up on the laundry
- tidied kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher
- cleaned my bathroom
- took out the garbage
- vacuumed the main floor and stairs
- wrote two haiku
- did my yoga
So, yep, it's been a good couple days, especially considering that I've been fighting a cold and been sneezing and sniffling all day! lol :)